When it comes to making and keeping New Year’s Resolutions, I’m no different from most others. What starts out as a great intention often gets lost in my day-to-day living. So, this January, I’m not going to overpromise myself. Here are a few ideas I’m tossing around for this blog in 2012.
1. Revamp “The List.” It’s time to step back and discover what it is I’m trying to accomplish with this list, and in what format I want to organize it going forward.
2. Art Therapy. I spend a lot of time in the Florida outdoors, now it’s time to add a little more culture. Fortunately Florida provides plenty of opportunities to do just that. One artist I plan to learn more about is Salvador Dali, with a visit to the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg.
3. Panhandle Explorations. I’ve been all over the state, with the exception of the Panhandle. A trip to Tallahassee, Panama City, Pensacola and others are in order.
4. Everglades. I still haven’t entered into the famous swamplands of Florida. This may be the year that changes.
5. Florida Reads. I want to discover writers with Florida ties, and unique writings about Florida itself.
Even with the best of intentions though, it will be the surprises along the way that will undoubtably make the best memories of the year.